As you know, coffee is one thing I cannot live without. That being said, another necessary recipe for any St. Patrick’s Day celebration at home is, of course, Irish Coffee. And what better way to enjoy it than with some scrumptious sweets? I got these tarts of pistachio, berries and almond at my favorite brunch spot, Le Pain Quotidien. I especially love the way these photos turned out, thanks to my talented friend, Steve Steinhardt. The coffee’s rich roasted color looks so beautiful in these Irish Coffee Mugs from Crate and Barrel, and those tarts are to die for! My mouth is watering just looking at them.
To make this delightful drink at home for your own celebration, follow these simple steps:
- Brew a pot of fresh hot coffee (I used my favorite blend from LAMILL, Black Onyx, here in LA!)
- Pour approximately 1 cup of coffee into your mug, add a few drops of heavy cream and whisk (this is to create that beautifully rich color!).
- Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, followed by 1.5 ounces of Jameson, then stir.
- Pour the remainder of the heavy cream over a spoon to top off the mug.
- Lightly garnish with a sprinkle of ground coffee or even brown sugar.
Details: Bodum Rose Gold French Press, Crate & Barrel Irish Mug, Lamill Black Onyx Coffee, Le Pain Quotidien Mini Tarts, Outfit: Joie
Photo by: Steve Steinhardt